Wednesday, March 16, 2011

hey...I'm starting to realize I'm actually here!

Although I've only been here for about a week and a half, in many ways I feel like Ive been here for a long time now!

I think thats good.

Orientation went well - met some other international students (there are people from France, Sweden, Brazil, and more).

Got in touch with a great international student group called BAIS with whom Juli and I are going to do four things (planned so far):


On Friday, we are going to a Vocal Ensemble recital with the group, and a bunch of other international students

Saturday is the Lujan Zoo. A place in which one can literally pet tigers (a little scared about that, but its an adventure after all, right?)
Sunday, we'll be going to a play.

Also, in a week, we may be going to Iguazu Falls with the group. I will be taking pictures of everything of course.


----




But mostly my status right now is still getting used to the educational environment at my university here. Its somewhat difficult to locate and sign up for classes but step by step, I'm getting it done.

It's actually a lot easier to navigate my way around the city than I anticipated. I'm utilizing my ipod touch's map that helps me a lot. The buses here are called Colectivos and they take you to almost any place you need to go.

Haven't taken a taxi yet.

Oh! We met up with one of Juli's friends Carola and went last Sunday to a neighborhood called San Telmo, where they sell merchandise all along a street, and it's really cool. We're definitely going back.


My host parents are really nice, Mechu and Julio, and I get my own room, bathroom, and TV, haha. The place is within walking distance with most of the university's faculty.


I hope you've been checkin out my Facebook for pictures. Sorry haven't been more diligent with this, but I've been still getting settled here in this big city!!


Un abrazo

R.A.P.


ps. as always, look on facebook for updated photos


No comments:

Post a Comment